Monday, January 24, 2011

Ode to an iPhone

Dear iPhone,


You are surely the most amazing and intelligent invention mankind has ever created,
Seemingly flawless in every aspect – In size, shape, design, and all others.
The elegance of your silhouette, the sharpness of your edges, the silky touch of your screen captivates me.
Whenever I go to sleep, I dream of you until morning.
I would gladly stay up all night, picturing and praising your perfection.

When you are inside my sure fingers,
I am honored by your presence -
Your brilliant halo blinds me.
I clutch and squeeze and beg for you,
Begging for just one minute more.

Your many apps never fail to fascinate me,
Whether they are addicting games or all-knowing dictionaries or fascinating puzzles,
I lose track of time passing around me
As I explore your endless digital kingdom of wonders.

With you, I can be an angry bird
Furiously flying to sacrifice myself and destroy the enemies’ fort,
Or I can be friends with a cute talking tom, engaged in an endless conversation with each other.

With you, I can look up words I don’t know in your omniscient encyclopedia,
Learning about anything I wish to learn about.
I can educate myself in various languages,
Listening to you repeating phrases for me again and again and again.

With you, I can explore the World Wide Web to its fullest,
Pressing and scrolling and writing and cutting and pasting and searching and finding.
I can test relationships, see my fortune, read my brain, take quizzes,
Even destroy the world with just a big red button.

The possibilities are endless – the list never ends.
I feel as if I have the world in my hands with you safely by my side,
I feel myself gaining confidence whenever you are near me.

Oh iPhone, I do wish that you could be mine
It has been my constant wish, and it will stay for a long time.
Whenever I see you in shops or on TV, I long to own you, to keep you in my hands forever.
Why do you deny me the joy of your presence?
Why do you show yourself in front of my eyes, always just out of reach?
But someday, someday you will understand my passion.

And then, you will be mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment