Thursday, January 20, 2011

Isolated...

Sometimes, at this camp, I (well, not just me but others too) feel... like, seperated from the outer world.

When we look out our windows, we can't see any skyscrapers or shopping malls or CGVs. Instead, we can only see quiet little houses and farms, and mountains on every side. We always try to look far away to where there are Korean beef restaurants and lots of cars, but we never succeed.

I've lived in Seoul all my life. Seoul is a very noisy place, overflowing with cars and people and shops and PC Rooms and no-rae-bangs and everything that a city can have. Here, it's very nice and quiet. When we wake up and open our windows, we can smell winter. Winter has its own special smell, fresh and crisp, cold biting my nose. The air is still and icy, with no smell of pollution.

Most of my friends feel th same way, too. We sometimes miss playing around, mingling with crowds in the cities. Sometimes we talk about escaping. (This is usually after someone gets an EOP.) We talk about how we would sneak to the entrance, catch a taxi, hike to the cities, etc. etc. This is only for fun, though. We do like it here.

I like the quiet. I like the sweet smell of fresh soil. I like the stars that shine in the dark night. I like the crunch of snow under my boots.

I do feel isolated, but I like it.

I wish I could stay longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment